Monday, December 8, 2008

It's the question that drives us

Does God exist and can we know it?

Recently I've been reading the book "Losing Faith in Faith - From Preacher To Atheist" by Dan Barker. I have decided to dedicate this webpage to document a journey through his book.

As a warning, Dan is a very good writer; appears to have a superior edge to the whole rational thought or "is there a God" thing. But I tell you one thing, I've read his entire book and only see a skewed experience of God and the other sense, spirituality. But I absolutely love his encouragement to think for yourself and find out what you really believe. I love his interest in rational thought, but I am sad about his conclusion, because I know, as much that I know I am here today, that there is a God and his name is Jesus.

So hear me out on what I've discovered through this book. I'll be as clear as I can.

No comments: